Are you a Java Developer with proven experience in core Java and SQL? Are you looking for a position where you can scope and influence the design of existing applications and genuinely develop your own skills and make a real difference? If yes, please read on...
IQ Talent Solutions are delighted to be working with one of our most prestigious clients who are a multinational, award-winning Asset Management organisation, supporting them with the recruitment of a Java Developer within the long-lived Currency product team, providing innovative technology solutions to its foreign exchange trading, client portfolio management, fund administration and research teams. You will work on a mixture of greenfield application development and brownfield BAU/SRE on a sizeable application estate using the latest Microsoft technologies.
What is expected by the Java Developer?
· Provide technical advice to other developers and play an active role in designing new technical standards.
· Take ownership for driving change and innovation.
· Assess and recommend architectural patterns based on functional and non-functional requirements.
· Collaborate and communicate with the team and various stakeholders, quickly becoming productive with an extensive and unfamiliar legacy codebase.
Essential Skills required by the Java Developer?
· Extensive proven experience with Core Java and SQL.
· Web services and REST API design (Jetty/Jersey/Swagger).
· Good exposure to CI/CD pipelines like TeamCity/Artifactory/Gradle.
· Fundamentals and approaches: OOP, SOLID principles, Clean Code.
· Practical experience in all areas of development including analysis, solution design, programming, testing, and documentation.
· Collaborative working style, capable of staying resilient, even under pressure.
Desirable Skills required by the Java Developer:
· Experience working React.
· Exposure to Azure (or other cloud platforms) and Docker/Containerisation.
· Microsoft Excel VBA programming for maintenance of legacy user tools.
InterQuest Group is acting as an employment agency for this vacancy. InterQuest Group is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, religion/belief, race, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, sex or sexual orientation. Please make us aware if you require any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process.