Junior QA Engineer
- Prepare test cases corresponding to business and functional requirements
- Devise and carry out both manual and automated tests to assess the quality of the software under test
- Use the appropriate test automation software to execute test automation scripts
- Prepare Test Data and Environment for Test Case execution
- Detect bugs and issues as early as possible in the process – active participating in the 3 Amigos session. Log, prioritise, and track bugs and issues
- Prevent bugs and issues by thinking of relevant scenarios that can help meet the validation of acceptance criteria at story development stage
- Contribute in daily scrums and agile planning as required by the team
- Be the advocate for quality when testing is being discussed
- Contribute to planning sessions with estimations and timelines
- Contribute actively to the retrospective session to improve the process
- Help to maintain and develop tests, aiming for constant improvement
- Work with the Delivery, Test and Agile Leads to ensure all testing and QA tasks are accurately planned within the overall agreed timeframes of the projects
- Provide regular and accurate reports of progress
- Compile brief user guides and wiki instruction pages for other QA team members
- Make testing related decisions as part of the 3 Amigos in the Scrum team
- Act as a Buddy for new starters.
- Understanding of agile software development fundamentals and lifecycles
- Knowledge and experience of Java programming
- Familiar with writing SQL queries and Shell scripting to generate test artifacts
- Ability to work with team members to troubleshoot any problems and ensuring that all relevant personnel are kept informed of progress.
- Knowledge of BDD and ATDD concepts.
- Knowledge of automating, debugging and maintaining API tests
- Desirable - Experience in API Testing using Postman, Swagger and other API testing tools
- Desirable - Experience of working in a fast paced Agile team with CI/CD and heavy Java test automation environment
- Desirable - Experience of working with Serenity (Java Automation) and Spring Boot Frameworks preferable
- Desirable - Knowledge of open source test automation tools and frameworks
Desirable - Experience of projects in Travel and Loyalty sectors
Please do get in touch for a full detailed job spec.
InterQuest Group is acting as an employment agency for this vacancy. InterQuest Group is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, religion/belief, race, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, sex or sexual orientation. Please make us aware if you require any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process.