While working as a Vermilion analyst / developer at Insight you will:
- Develop fit for purpose solutions. Work with the team, users and vendor (FactSet) to identify key technical components required to deliver reports, working effectively with other team members to successfully implement this solution to budget, scope and timescale.
- Create high level and detailed functional and technical designs, build, document, test and implement components as required.
- Support the Client Reporting Development team and business team in the implementation of client reports, with a specific focus on validating the non-functional requirements.
- Develop solutions in accordance with Insight standards.
- Deliver solutions that meet the existing Insight change management processes.
Some travel to the Manchester tech hub will be required to meet team members and undertake collaborative activities and events (TBC – once a month / every other month).
- Experience wiring stored procedures, Excel and other data feeds in VRS.
- Experience in developing a wide range of different components and reports, into multiple output types.
- Familiarity with Entities, particularly around the maintenance of these.
- Proven experience of developing workflows for end users within VRS, including validation plus delivery to internal and external applications.
- Strong development experience of control mechanisms to feed into end user workflows.
- Strong experience with PowerPoint and settings within VRS to ensure compatibility with PowerPoint.
A good understanding of multi tenancy.
- A good understanding of the vendor (FactSet) including experience in liaising with them to resolve issues and enhance the application to the benefit of the Client.
- Exposure to VRS with cloud technologies (preferably Azure).
- Past experience of working within Distribution (Sales, Servicing, Marketing, etc.) business areas.
- Software development experience in a commercial environment with exposure to all phases of the software development lifecycle.
- Proven technical skills with Office, .net and MS SQL Server.
- A good understanding of data modelling and workflow.
- Experience working in Agile teams performing iterative development.
- Building effective relationships within and across IT and Investment teams.
- Being able to work with incomplete information when determining business solutions taking into account relevant dependencies, timing and constraints.
- Ability to produce functional requirements, high level design and detailed design specifications when needed to support project processes and delivery requirements.
- Demonstrate initiative and independence to solve problems.
- Own mistakes and work with your colleagues to redress them, learn from them, and make improvements for the long-term.
Please do get in touch and i can provide a full detailed job spec.
InterQuest Group is acting as an employment agency for this vacancy. InterQuest Group is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, religion/belief, race, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, sex or sexual orientation. Please make us aware if you require any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process.