EUC Solutions Engineer
This leading investment management organisation is searching for a contract end user computing engineer to join a project team delivering the migration of virtual desktops from Windows 7 / 2010 to Windows 10 Office ProPlus. The role will include automated solutions development, design & development of Windows 10 builds, integration with AppV, release management, etc. The successful candidate will have experience with:
· Windows 10
· Office 365 / Office ProPlus / OPP
· Upgrade / migration
· Release Management
· Powershell / VB Scripting / SQL
· Packaging (AppV)
End User Computing Solutions Engineer
Role Reports to:
Infrastructure Programme Manager
FSA Controlled Function:
Insight is a specialist asset manager at the forefront of designing and delivering investment solutions designed specifically to meet our clients’ evolving investment needs. Launched in 2002, we have grown to be one of the largest asset managers in the UK, winning industry recognition for our investment capabilities across liability driven investment, fixed income, specialist equities, multi asset and absolute return.
Innovation is key to the development of our investment capability and as leaders in our chosen areas of expertise we continue to look for opportunities to grow and develop our business across new client channels and countries. The key to our success is and will always be the high quality of our professionals combined with the partnerships we create with our clients.
As a leading asset manager Insight has £647 billion in assets under management as at 31st March 2019.
The Infrastructure Projects team is part of a wider Technology Transformation department which is preparing Insight technologists for the transition to new paradigms: a modern organisational design, an operational model centred on Agile / DevOps, cloud technologies and an entrepreneurial culture.
The Infrastructure Project team is responsible for:
Working with the Insight technical lead you will deliver the migration of Insight virtual desktops from Windows 7 / Office 2010 to Windows 10 Office ProPlus build
Working with the project team to:
· Design & develop automated solutions using scripting
· Contribute to approach & best practices for implementation of Office ProPlus 64bit (click to run) & integration with AppV 5.x
· Input to design & development of Windows 10 builds
· Input to ongoing release management process for Windows 10 & Office ProPlus
· Act as escalation point for application packagers
· Knowledge of upgrading to Windows 10 & Office ProPlus (click to run)
· Support and maintenance of Windows 10 environment, including good understanding of Windows as a Service servicing model & release management
· Support and maintenance of Office ProPlus (click to run)
· PowerShell / VB Scripting / SQL queries
· Packaging: App-V 5.x
· Group Policy
· Understanding of user profiles / personalisation
Additional knowledge and skills:
· VMWare View, vSphere
· Active Directory
· Ability to own & troubleshoot problems through to resolution
· Packaging: MSI
· Excellent written and verbal communication.
· Works well under pressure in a busy office environment
· Ability to understand highly technical issues and to explain them to a non-technical audience.
· Adapts approach according to the situation and audience.
Improvement and Innovation:
· Generates new ideas and is ready and able to implement them.
· Acts to provide solutions to potential problems.
· Builds relationships with relevant areas across the whole organisation.
· Builds effective working relationships within and across teams.
· Has an excellent attitude and is seen to work with and for the team.
· Responds or acts calmly even under difficult or distressing conditions such as interpersonal conflict or major disruptions to plans.
· Is able to adapt to a changing work environment and remain focussed as tasks, roles and the overall environment alter and grow.
InterQuest Group is acting as an employment agency for this vacancy. InterQuest Group is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, religion/belief, race, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, sex or sexual orientation. Please make us aware if you require any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process.